Thursday, January 26, 2012

CANCER INVASION

It seems everywhere I turn I hear cancer.. stage, something or another...chemo..radiation.. It has become the illness of our times..and it is sad.

It has been blamed on the air we breath, the foods we eat, family history, substances we smoke and even the sun. I remember when the sun was a good thing. Get out in the sun for good health. Our children need it to grow healthy. Now it is something to avoid for long periods of time for fear of melanoma...or skin cancer.

Smoking cigarettes was a very sophistocated thing to do in the 20's forward. By the time, the call was out that it caused cancer, many were addicted. It was difficult to quit. More than 7,000 chemical have been found in tobacco and smoke, of which 70 are cancer causing. The nicotine habit has become so pleasurable that it is not an easy habit to stop.

I would imagine that there is no one clearcut reason we get cancer. There are so many variables that make up this terrible illness. It devours the victim with no mercy. In front of our eyes, we see them deteriorate. What a dreaded diagnosis!

I am an ordinary person who has had the opportunity to live a long life. I want to continue, but like everyone else, have no hold on perfect health and longevity. It saddens me to lose relatives and good friends to this monstrous disease. Today, I am feeling the pain. I am losing a long time friend who has battled this disease and is now losing.

My comfort is the hope of seeing her again under perfect conditions here on earth. Act 24:15 that speaks of the "resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous". In Psalm 37:34, we find the hope of "taking possesion of the earth". That is my comfort..seeing her again without the cancerous condition she is now suffering.

My heart is heavy for those who are suffering the deluge of all illnesses and suffering under the burden. To them, I say "lift your heads up, because your deliverance is getting near"! Luke 21:28. All sickness and death will be gone. She has the same hope as I do..That is an additional comfort.




No comments:

Post a Comment